Girl refuses to wed man involved in murder; sends party packing
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
A girl in Mathura refused to marry a person who had been charged with involvement in a murder forcing the bridegroom to surrender in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate there.
The bridegroom, Sachin Tomar who is a teacher in an engineering college, reached Mathura with the marriage party when the girl refused to tie the knot saying that she will never marry a man who is involved in killings.
The murder in question had taken place in the Golakha Mandir area of Gwalior on February 5 when a property dealer Chakresh Pandey was killed.
Another property dealer, Ajay Yadav who is said to be behind Chakresh's killing had fled on Tomar's motorcycle and he is still absconding.