Girl refuses to wed man involved in murder; sends party packing
- Govt signs peace accord with NSCN(IM), PM Modi calls it 'historic'
- BJP takes U-turn on land bill, agrees to bring back UPA's key provisions
- Crisis deepens: Speaker suspends 25 Cong MPs, Sonia digs in heels
- India to take up Gurdaspur terror attack in NSA-level talks with Pakistan
- JBT scam: Supreme Court upholds jail term of Om Prakash Chautala, his son
A girl in Mathura refused to marry a person who had been charged with involvement in a murder forcing the bridegroom to surrender in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate there.
The bridegroom, Sachin Tomar who is a teacher in an engineering college, reached Mathura with the marriage party when the girl refused to tie the knot saying that she will never marry a man who is involved in killings.
The murder in question had taken place in the Golakha Mandir area of Gwalior on February 5 when a property dealer Chakresh Pandey was killed.
Another property dealer, Ajay Yadav who is said to be behind Chakresh's killing had fled on Tomar's motorcycle and he is still absconding.