Girl refuses to wed man involved in murder; sends party packing
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
A girl in Mathura refused to marry a person who had been charged with involvement in a murder forcing the bridegroom to surrender in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate there.
The bridegroom, Sachin Tomar who is a teacher in an engineering college, reached Mathura with the marriage party when the girl refused to tie the knot saying that she will never marry a man who is involved in killings.
The murder in question had taken place in the Golakha Mandir area of Gwalior on February 5 when a property dealer Chakresh Pandey was killed.
Another property dealer, Ajay Yadav who is said to be behind Chakresh's killing had fled on Tomar's motorcycle and he is still absconding.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since