Girl set ablaze for resisting rape attempt
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy faces arrest, Supreme Court issues non-bailable warrant
- No execution for KLF terrorist Bhullar in present health condition: Centre tells SC
- Submarine INS Sindhuratna mishap: Two officers trapped inside feared dead, 7 sailors injured
- BJP offers seven seats to Paswan but with a rider: 'your symbol, our candidate'
- Willing to say sorry for any mistake, Rajnath Singh tells Muslims
A youth was arrested in Bulandshahr for allegedly setting ablaze a girl after she resisted his attempt to rape her, police said.
The incident took place in Chandora village under P S Chhatari when one Bhagirath (25) forcibly entered into the house of the 25-year old victim and tried to rape her.
Failing to rape the girl, Bhagirath poured kerosene on her and set her ablaze.
Bhagirath has been arrested while the victim has been hospitalised at Aligarh Medical College, Senior Superintendent of Police Gulab Singh said.
An FIR has been registered based on the complaint of the victim's father.