Girl set ablaze for resisting rape attempt
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
A youth was arrested in Bulandshahr for allegedly setting ablaze a girl after she resisted his attempt to rape her, police said.
The incident took place in Chandora village under P S Chhatari when one Bhagirath (25) forcibly entered into the house of the 25-year old victim and tried to rape her.
Failing to rape the girl, Bhagirath poured kerosene on her and set her ablaze.
Bhagirath has been arrested while the victim has been hospitalised at Aligarh Medical College, Senior Superintendent of Police Gulab Singh said.
An FIR has been registered based on the complaint of the victim's father.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer