Girl shot dead, mom injured over petty quarrel
- AAP battles Modi in Delhi, Congress missing
- First time, Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, calls her change ânakliâ
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- Riot victims fight fear to vote, get glimpse of home
- Narendra Modi mentioned wife in poll affidavit after SC order on full disclosure
A 17-year-old girl was shot dead and her mother injured allegedly by their former tenant when they objected to him relieving himself outside their house in Alwi Chowk, E-Block, Nizamuddin in South Delhi on Wednesday night.
The incident was reported around 10 pm, police said.
"Binno, fondly known as Gudiya, and her mother Sadmani were preparing for dinner and were watching TV when their former tenant Javed, who was under the influence of alcohol, came to their house with a friend. Javed stood outside their house and began relieving himself. The mother and daughter came out and asked Javed to refrain from doing so," a neighbour said.
Soon, an argument ensued and Javed walked away threatening them with dire consequences. He returned within minutes and took out his pistol and shot at Sadmani and Binno, police said.
Police said Binno suffered two bullet injuries and died on the spot. The two were rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre where Binno was declared dead on arrival. Her mother Sadmani has been admitted to the ICU and is critical, police said.
Police were informed of the incident after they received a call from the hospital around 3:28 am.
Sadmani's husband Aslam and her 14-year-old son Saleem were not at home at the time of the incident, police said. Aslam, works as a manager at Vatika, a banquet hall in Pragati Maidan.
Javed allegedly has a few criminal cases against him, including an attempt to murder case. His mother works as a domestic help, police said.
Sadmani, relatives said, sometimes gave monetary assistance to Javed's family while he was in jail.
The police have launched a search for Javed and his friend. A case of murder has been registered at the Nizamuddin police station.
- Srinath wins title but Deshpande steals show
- Ambala Lok Sabha constituency: 65.15 pc vote in Panchkula district
- ‘No smoking’ signages to dot polling booths
- City breaks electoral record as 74 pc turn out to vote
- BJP campaign in Varanasi starts April 12 — without Modi
- Cong spending Rs 50 cr on each constituency: Kumaraswamy