Girl students hold principal, teachers hostage in West Bengal
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
A group of girl students, who had failed their exams, today held their teachers hostage seeking reversal of the decision, but later freed them after assurance of a review by the West Bengal education department.
About 29 girls of Rishi Aurobindo Balika Vidyalaya locked up the Principal and some teachers in the school since yesterday afternoon, upset over their exam results, police sources said.
At around 1:00 pm today, however, the teachers were allowed to go by the girl students after a representative from the Education Ministry promised a review.
"The students have let the teachers free on assurance from the Education Department that all the results of the failed students will be reviewed shortly," a police official said.