Girl tortured by employer, forced to feed, clean 20 dogs' faeces
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- PMO says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Police today rescued a minor girl allegedly tortured by her employer in Odisha's Bhadrak district.
"Police has rescued a minor girl from one Babaji Charana Padhi's house in Jagannathpur area in the town. Parida is detained for interrogation on the basis of two FIRs lodged against him", inspector-in-charge of town police station Suresh Patra said.
The complaints alleged in FIRs that Padhi had unleashed physical and mental torture on Manisa Jojo (13), daughter of Philip Jojo of Lowram in Sundergarha district, who was working as a maid in his house for over last two years.
Alleging that the girl was being tortured by the septuagenarian Padhi, who was staying alone in his house and doing dog business, SK Sofia, a woman activist, had sought the help of police to rescue her.
Besides, local youth activists of Siridi Sai Youth Association (SSYA) had lodged an FIR against Padhi on same charges. "We are eyewitness of her torment during our several visits to to Padhi's house," said Pradip Kumar Sahu of SSYA.
Padhi was forcing the girl to clean the utensils of 20 dogs and their defecation. She was forced to sleep in the verandah without any bed and the employer used to mercilessly beat her up, alleged Pradip.
According to Sofia, Manisa had narrated the physical and mental trauma she went through in Padhi's house where she was not even given treatment after she suffered from dog-bite.
"I have lodged an FIR against Padhi and recorded Manisa's statement under section 164 of CrPC after she was produced before the police. She will remain with me till her parents come," Sofia said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer