Girl was absent on Jan 2: Bosco school
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Police have booked him under Sections 354, 376 and 511 of the Indian Penal Code.
Anton D'Souza, Father Parish priest of Don Bosco, said, "Police should probe whether the complainant is speaking the truth or not. She was absent on January 2. Let there be stern action if charges levelled by the girl are true."
According to the school, Falcao was appointed assistant Parish Priest and in-charge of Don Bosco's National Institute Open School (NIOS), Yerawada on April 14, 2012. The school said his conduct was good.
Parents of many students and Christian activists led by former corporator John Paul gathered at the school to support Falcao. Meanwhile, senior police officers said that various angles were cross-checked before Falcao was arrested.
When contacted, deputy commissioner of police (Zone IV) Manoj Patil promised a fair investigation. "School staff and students can always approach us if they have anything to say about the case," he said.