Girlfriends responsible for accidents, says Raman Singh
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH struggle in stiff chase against KXIP
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh believes that "nice girlfriends" and their biker boyfriends are responsible for road accidents. Speaking at a road-safety week programme at AIIMS in Raipur on Saturday, he also said that girls use "laal-peela dupatta" to cover their faces but avoid helmets.
"Achhi motorcycle, achha mobile aur teesra agar achhi girlfriends ho to accident hona hi hona hai. Ek haath se baat kiye ja raha hai, aur speed badhata ja raha hai. Jhagda hua to brake maarega aur takrayega... bande ko fir kuch hosh nahi rehta ( Nice bike, nice cellphone and especially if you have a nice girlfriend then accident is inevitable.... If there is a tiff (between the two), he would apply brakes and hit against something...The youth then cares for nothing)," Singh said. "Earlier we felt that bad roads were the cause of accidents, so we constructed good roads but I was surprised to know that the number of accidents went up," the CM added. He later said that sisters should gift helmets to their brothers.
- Satyam scam: ICAI bans four auditors for life
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat