Girlfriends responsible for accidents, says Raman Singh
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh believes that "nice girlfriends" and their biker boyfriends are responsible for road accidents. Speaking at a road-safety week programme at AIIMS in Raipur on Saturday, he also said that girls use "laal-peela dupatta" to cover their faces but avoid helmets.
"Achhi motorcycle, achha mobile aur teesra agar achhi girlfriends ho to accident hona hi hona hai. Ek haath se baat kiye ja raha hai, aur speed badhata ja raha hai. Jhagda hua to brake maarega aur takrayega... bande ko fir kuch hosh nahi rehta ( Nice bike, nice cellphone and especially if you have a nice girlfriend then accident is inevitable.... If there is a tiff (between the two), he would apply brakes and hit against something...The youth then cares for nothing)," Singh said. "Earlier we felt that bad roads were the cause of accidents, so we constructed good roads but I was surprised to know that the number of accidents went up," the CM added. He later said that sisters should gift helmets to their brothers.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun