Girl's dead body assaulted in Pak
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
In a shocking incident, unidentified men allegedly sexually assaulted a girl's dead body, digging it out from a grave, hours after her burial in Gujranwala district of Pakistan's Punjab province.
Police said the girl, a grade-VI student, was electrocuted while taking a bath in her house in Qila Dedar Singh yesterday and she was subsequently buried at a graveyard in Gujranwala district, about 80 kilometres from here, later in the evening.
Early this morning when the members of the girl's family went to the graveyard to offer fateha (prayer) they found her body lying near the grave.
They held a demonstration and blocked the road for several hours to protest against the desecration of the body. Senior police officers reached there and assured the family that the culprits would not escape punishment. The police also took the gravedigger into custody.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'