Girl's dead body assaulted in Pak
- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
In a shocking incident, unidentified men allegedly sexually assaulted a girl's dead body, digging it out from a grave, hours after her burial in Gujranwala district of Pakistan's Punjab province.
Police said the girl, a grade-VI student, was electrocuted while taking a bath in her house in Qila Dedar Singh yesterday and she was subsequently buried at a graveyard in Gujranwala district, about 80 kilometres from here, later in the evening.
Early this morning when the members of the girl's family went to the graveyard to offer fateha (prayer) they found her body lying near the grave.
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?
- Lessons to learn from Rio Olympics
- Reminiscing after 70: What were the best decades of independent India?
- Inside Track: No party spirit
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility