Girls seducing men into webcam cybersex before blackmailing them
- Elections 2014 Live: Trinamool Congress workers beat up election officials in West Bengal
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
Con artists in Singapore are using attractive women to 'friend' unsuspecting victims on social sites, and then seduce them into cybersex on webcams to blackmail them.
The women - prowling for men on sites like Facebook - charm men into stripping or performing sex acts, then threaten them to post images or videos of them online if they do not pay up, the Daily Mail reported.
According to the Singapore police, more than 50 such cases were reported in 2012, up from 11 the previous year.
Singapore Police said that women start a webcam chat with the victims and then initiate cybersex by undressing first before persuading their victims to appear nude or perform sexual acts in front of the webcams.
It added in a post on its website that unknown to the victims, the scam artists record the acts.
Now, Singapore TV station HD 5 has made a 10-minute "reconstruction" of the scam.
It shows a young, bookish student called Danny accepting a friend request on Facebook from an attractive stranger - going by the name of Lily.
After a few days chatting online, Lily - now Danny's "girlfriend" - manages to convince Danny to undress on camera before abruptly disappearing.
Danny is then contacted by an e-mail and a phone call from a man who demands 50,000 dollars from him.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi