Girnar Parikrama begins in Junagadh
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
The annual five-day Girnar Parikrama, the pilgrimage around Mt Girnar, began in Junagadh on Thursday, with lakhs of pilgrims thronging the forest and hills on the first day.
The pilgrimage formally began at 12 am, with Mahamandleshwar Bharti Bapu and Junagadh Municipal Commissioner Vipra Bhal cutting the ceremonial ribbon at the Rupayatan gate in Bhavnath.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies