Girnar Parikrama begins in Junagadh
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
The annual five-day Girnar Parikrama, the pilgrimage around Mt Girnar, began in Junagadh on Thursday, with lakhs of pilgrims thronging the forest and hills on the first day.
The pilgrimage formally began at 12 am, with Mahamandleshwar Bharti Bapu and Junagadh Municipal Commissioner Vipra Bhal cutting the ceremonial ribbon at the Rupayatan gate in Bhavnath.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness