Girnar Parikrama begins in Junagadh
- Water that belongs to India cannot be allowed to go to Pakistan: PM Modi in Bathinda
- Demonetisation LIVE updates: Ruckus in Parliament over PM Modi's absence, but he is in Bathinda
- Those accusing govt of not being prepared for demonetisation were themselves not ready: PM Modi
- UP polls: Parties say BJP setting agenda; voters praise end but ask how long do we suffer the means?
- Demonetisation: Exchange of banned Rs 500, 1000 notes to continue at RBI counters
The annual five-day Girnar Parikrama, the pilgrimage around Mt Girnar, began in Junagadh on Thursday, with lakhs of pilgrims thronging the forest and hills on the first day.
The pilgrimage formally began at 12 am, with Mahamandleshwar Bharti Bapu and Junagadh Municipal Commissioner Vipra Bhal cutting the ceremonial ribbon at the Rupayatan gate in Bhavnath.
- Law does not matter, form does not matter. There will be constant mobilisation
- The thana police, the first line of defence against terror, remains in a dismal state
- Government has failed to uphold Ambedkar’s vision of social and economic equality
- Ideologies are determining politicians’ assessment of the costs of the policy. Amid the commotion, food prices have been stable
- Demonetisation can help us leave behind culture of illegality, indiscipline, ill-gotten wealth
- M.G.K. Menon contributed to science and the building of modern India