Girnar Parikrama begins in Junagadh
- Jaitley defamation case: Won't charge Kejriwal, will treat him like my poor clients, says Jethmalani
- Poll panel to throw open challenge: Check our EVMs
- Hindustani classical loses its voice: Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in Rajouri sector of Jammu-Kashmir
- Mumbai: 24-year-old jumps off 19th floor of hotel room after going Live on FB
The annual five-day Girnar Parikrama, the pilgrimage around Mt Girnar, began in Junagadh on Thursday, with lakhs of pilgrims thronging the forest and hills on the first day.
The pilgrimage formally began at 12 am, with Mahamandleshwar Bharti Bapu and Junagadh Municipal Commissioner Vipra Bhal cutting the ceremonial ribbon at the Rupayatan gate in Bhavnath.
- An omnibus Finance Bill violates canons of constitutional propriety
- Punjab minister’s proposal to decolonise history can be a beginning
- This is constitutional moment for GST, moment ripe for ambition and visionary decision-making
- The first diplomatic encounter between Donald Trump, Xi Jinping will set tone for Asian geopolitics