'Give one-time grant of Rs 50 lakh per family to KP migrants'
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Displaced Kashmiri Pandits today demanded one-time grant of Rs 50 lakh per family of migrants for their rehabilitation in Kashmir Valley.
"We unanimously appeal to the state and the central governments to urgently rehabilitate KP migrants in the Valley at secure places and in this regard grant one-time compensation of Rs 50 lakh per migrant family," president of Jagti Tenament Committee, Shadi Lal Pandita said at a meeting in Jagti township here today.
He rejected the rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits at their ancestral villages in Kashmir and said, "We appeal for immediate rehabilitation at one safe and secure place."
There is urgent need for immediate remedial steps to save the culture, heritage and identity of migrants and rehabilitation is one such step, he said.
He demanded that 4,600 posts under the prime minister's employment package may be advertised and filled up from amongst the migrant youths.
Government should also take immediate steps to restore status of religious places in the Valley by reconstruction, repairs, abandoning illegal encroachments on the lands and properties of religious places, he said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today