'Give one-time grant of Rs 50 lakh per family to KP migrants'
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Displaced Kashmiri Pandits today demanded one-time grant of Rs 50 lakh per family of migrants for their rehabilitation in Kashmir Valley.
"We unanimously appeal to the state and the central governments to urgently rehabilitate KP migrants in the Valley at secure places and in this regard grant one-time compensation of Rs 50 lakh per migrant family," president of Jagti Tenament Committee, Shadi Lal Pandita said at a meeting in Jagti township here today.
He rejected the rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits at their ancestral villages in Kashmir and said, "We appeal for immediate rehabilitation at one safe and secure place."
There is urgent need for immediate remedial steps to save the culture, heritage and identity of migrants and rehabilitation is one such step, he said.
He demanded that 4,600 posts under the prime minister's employment package may be advertised and filled up from amongst the migrant youths.