Give water to TN: SC to Karnataka
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
The Supreme Court Wednesday ordered Karnataka to release 10,000 cusecs of Cauvery water daily to Tamil Nadu. It also asked the Cauvery Monitoring Committee to meet Thursday to determine the water requirement for the standing crops of both the states.
The order came after Karnataka submitted that the matter with regard to release of water should be sent back to the CMC, which could hold its meeting as per the direction.He also expressed the willingness of the state to comply with the direction of the CMC. The court will further hear the matter on Monday.