GJM calls for series of strikes in Darjeeling
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI in deep trouble against RCB
Renewing their call for a separate Gorkhaland state, the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha today called for a series of strikes in Darjeeling district next month and advised tourists not to visit the hill stations during the bandh days.
GJM president Bimal Gurung called for four days of strikes in the three sub-divisions of Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong on March 14-15 and 21-22.
He also threatened to close all government offices in the region from March 9-27.
"We are doing this to renew our struggle for Gorkhaland and strengthen our demands," Gurung told a rally here.
He also advised tourists not to visit the hill stations during the bandh days to avoid any inconvenience.
"We can't help if they come during that time. But if they come before or after the bandh days, we will take care of them," Gurung said.