GJM Chief exhorts students to play active role in statehood stir
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha plans to draft students into an active role in its movement for a separate state, its president Bimal Gurung today said.
He said all students in the Darjeeling hills and Dooars would go to Delhi to press for formation of a separate state.
"Mission Gorkhaland will be the name and task for all the students in the hills and Dooars. The students must play an active role in the formation for Gorkhaland. The students willcreate awareness for Gorkhaland," Gurung said on Facebook.
Gurung earlier held a meeting with students of the hills.
He said, "A team comprising 21 students" would go to Delhi and meet various ministers to press for the demand.