GJM Chief exhorts students to play active role in statehood stir
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- Salman Khurshid denies he attacked Supreme Court, Election Commission
- TRS rules out alliance with Cong for upcoming LS, state polls
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
- Arrest warrant issued against Devyani Khobragade in US visa fraud case
The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha plans to draft students into an active role in its movement for a separate state, its president Bimal Gurung today said.
He said all students in the Darjeeling hills and Dooars would go to Delhi to press for formation of a separate state.
"Mission Gorkhaland will be the name and task for all the students in the hills and Dooars. The students must play an active role in the formation for Gorkhaland. The students willcreate awareness for Gorkhaland," Gurung said on Facebook.
Gurung earlier held a meeting with students of the hills.
He said, "A team comprising 21 students" would go to Delhi and meet various ministers to press for the demand.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy