GJM delegation in Delhi, reiterates mouza demand
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
A three-member delegation of the GJM on Thursday met Union Home Secretary R K Singh in New Delhi over the determination of territory of the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA). The GJM leadership once again raised their pitch against the state government over the territory issue demanding the inclusion of 399 mouzas of Terai and Dooras region into the GTA.
The GJM leaders, who rejected the report of Justice Shyamal Sen Committee over the inclusion of mouzas into the GTA, reiterated their demand to the Centre.
Harka Bahadur Chtetri, GJM MLA and senior GJM leader, said: "We have waited for a long time. We want our territory to determined. Our leaders held a meeting today and the result is satisfactory. We want the report to be submitted soon."
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express