GJM meets chief secy to expedite power transfer to GTA
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
A three-member team headed by Gorkha Janmukti Morcha general secretary Roshan Giri today met new chief secretary Sanjoy Mitra at Writers' Building and urged him to expedite the process of power transfer of the newly formed Gorkha Territorial Administration.
Till now, notification of only six departments —- tourism, consumer affairs, animal resource development, power and consumer affairs —- have been completed. The GJM urged the chief secretary to convene a meeting before the pujas so that transfer of power of all the departments can be completed.
Giri said the process of transfer of power should have been complete by August 31 as had been decided soon after GTA was formed. "So we have asked him to expedite the process," he said.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say