GJM meets chief secy to expedite power transfer to GTA
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
A three-member team headed by Gorkha Janmukti Morcha general secretary Roshan Giri today met new chief secretary Sanjoy Mitra at Writers' Building and urged him to expedite the process of power transfer of the newly formed Gorkha Territorial Administration.
Till now, notification of only six departments —- tourism, consumer affairs, animal resource development, power and consumer affairs —- have been completed. The GJM urged the chief secretary to convene a meeting before the pujas so that transfer of power of all the departments can be completed.
Giri said the process of transfer of power should have been complete by August 31 as had been decided soon after GTA was formed. "So we have asked him to expedite the process," he said.
The West Bengal government prepared a guideline for transfer of power to the various departments of the newly elected GTA in the Darjeeling hills after convening a high-level meeting with the GJM members on August 10. At that time, the then chief secretary Samar Ghosh said they had formulated a guideline for transfer of power under various departments to the GTA. The process was to be completed by August 31.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today