GJM sets ‘deadline’ for power transfer to GTA
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Glen Maxwell plays another blinder, leads KXIP to stunning win
A six-member delegation from the Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) today held a meeting with state home secretary Basudeb Banerjee to discuss the issue of transfer of departments from the state government to the GTA.
The delegation was headed by GJM general secretary Roshan Giri and included senior GJM leader Binay Tamang and deputy executive of the GTA Col Ramesh Alley.
"We have requested the state government to expedite the process of transfer of departments. We were told that the home secretary will visit Darjeeling on November 26 to see how things are moving in the GTA," said Alley.
A senior GJM leader expressed displeasure over the delay in transfer. "The state government has delayed transfers of many departments. We want all the departments to be transferred by December 31. That is the deadline we have given to the state government," he said.
A total of 26 departments have so far been transferred to the GTA, though the body started functioning in August. According to the GTA Act, 57 subjects are yet to come under the GTA.
"We will try to meet Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee tomorrow over the issue. Until all the departments are transferred to the GTA, we are not being able to exercise administrative powers," said Giri.
- ‘We were in a bit of trouble initially but AB came in and he steadied the ship’
- Cops claim body was lifted from crime scene within 20 mins, family says it’s a lie
- After opening loss CSK face resurgent Daredevils
- Kirsten has given me new insight, says Coulter-Nile
- Nomination filed, the other Manpreet Badal goes missing
- M&M keep it sweet for punjab