GJM sets ‘deadline’ for power transfer to GTA
- Live: When I was a tea-seller, it was Assam tea I sold which refreshed people, says PM Modi
- David Headley claims he told NIA about Ishrat Jahan
- Govt making all efforts to secure release of Indian priest in Yemen: Sushma Swaraj
- Balochistan arrest: Father, uncle worked with Mumbai police
- J&K: PDP, BJP set to meet Vohra today to form government
A six-member delegation from the Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) today held a meeting with state home secretary Basudeb Banerjee to discuss the issue of transfer of departments from the state government to the GTA.
The delegation was headed by GJM general secretary Roshan Giri and included senior GJM leader Binay Tamang and deputy executive of the GTA Col Ramesh Alley.
"We have requested the state government to expedite the process of transfer of departments. We were told that the home secretary will visit Darjeeling on November 26 to see how things are moving in the GTA," said Alley.
A senior GJM leader expressed displeasure over the delay in transfer. "The state government has delayed transfers of many departments. We want all the departments to be transferred by December 31. That is the deadline we have given to the state government," he said.
A total of 26 departments have so far been transferred to the GTA, though the body started functioning in August. According to the GTA Act, 57 subjects are yet to come under the GTA.
- By not responding to provocation by Cong, BJP is showing that it is learning to lead
- India and Pakistan provincialised their Kashmirs without consulting the people who live there
- Claim that the right to proclaim azadi is drawn from the Constitution is ironic
- Aadhaar bill is a demonstration of just how easily state power can become arbitrary
- New regulatory law will increase the regulatory burden and raise property prices
- Europe’s jihad crisis is not a problem of its Muslim communities but the outcome of cultural dislocations