Glenmark gets USFDA nod for oral contraceptive pills
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Drug firm Glenmark Pharmaceuticals today said it has received final approval from the US health regulator for its generic contraceptive norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol tablets.
Glenmark Generics Inc, a subsidiary of Glenmark Generics has been granted final approval for their abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) by the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets in the strengths of 0.25 mg/0.035 mg, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals said in a statement.
The tablets are generic version of Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc oral contraceptive Ortho Cyclen tablets.
Citing IMS Health data for the 12-month period ending December 2011, the company said norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol tablets of strength 0.25 mg/0.035 mg garnered total market sales of approximately USD 88 million.
The company currently has 79 generic products authorised for distribution in the US market and 39 ANDA's pending approval with the USFDA, Glenmark said.
Today's approval is Glenmark's tenth female hormonal product authorised for distribution by the USFDA, it added.
Shares of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals were today trading at Rs 307.40 in the morning trade on BSE, down 0.47 per cent from its previous close.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid