Glitches in the Drum Line
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
Last week, the glass walls of Blue Frog in Mehrauli reverberated with heavy bass beats, interspersed with staccato drum lines, as the one-day Bass Camp Festival took off in its latest avatar on Friday. The night of drum and bass featured bands from the UK (KOAN SOUND and BASSFoundation), Delhi (Tarqeeb and Praxis) and Mumbai (Bay Beat Collective, Ox7gen and ViceVersa).
Headlining the night was KOAN SOUND, comprising DJs Jim Bastow and Will Weeks from Bristol, the place which has a reputation of being one of the global capitals for EDM (Electronic Dance Music). Though their sound is glitch hop (a genre incorporating electronica with sound effects such as hardware noise, skips and other distortions), the band has collaborated with the likes of Skrillex — currently the world's leading exponent in dubstep — and other artistes in a variety of electronic genres.