Glitches in the Drum Line
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Last week, the glass walls of Blue Frog in Mehrauli reverberated with heavy bass beats, interspersed with staccato drum lines, as the one-day Bass Camp Festival took off in its latest avatar on Friday. The night of drum and bass featured bands from the UK (KOAN SOUND and BASSFoundation), Delhi (Tarqeeb and Praxis) and Mumbai (Bay Beat Collective, Ox7gen and ViceVersa).
Headlining the night was KOAN SOUND, comprising DJs Jim Bastow and Will Weeks from Bristol, the place which has a reputation of being one of the global capitals for EDM (Electronic Dance Music). Though their sound is glitch hop (a genre incorporating electronica with sound effects such as hardware noise, skips and other distortions), the band has collaborated with the likes of Skrillex — currently the world's leading exponent in dubstep — and other artistes in a variety of electronic genres.