- Missing Malaysian jetliner: Plane's disappearance deliberate, says Malaysian PM
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
- Arrest warrant issued against Devyani Khobragade in US visa fraud case
- Unfazed, Arvind Kejriwal fires yet another salvo at media
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
The city has a number of lounges — several of them with open-air seating — but Skky Lounge scores over the others in terms of its location. With a scenic view of the mountains in addition to the al fresco setting, it offers a near-perfect ambience for an evening. Situated on the rooftop of Ramada Hotel and Convention Centre, Powai, Skky is a new addition to the city's nightlife.
The resto-lounge, as it is called, is open from 5pm to 1am. The tables are separated not only by space but also tiny water bodies, ensuring privacy to diners. The music — mostly instrumentals of popular tracks — however, does not add to the decor. What lacks in music, it makes up with an extensive bar and food menu. It offers Pan Asian cuisines, gourmet pizzas and a tandoor section. The starters cost between Rs 300 and Rs 1,500.
Since Skky specialises in fresh fruit-based cocktails and does not make use of pulps and crushes, we ordered for Strawberry Daquiri and Kiwi Margharita. Alongside, we decided to try a Drunken Prawn Soup, a blend of pickled vegetables, rice wine and prawn. The hot and spicy soup went well with the nippy weather. The chef recommended Yam Goong, a sweet-and-sour prawn salad with Thai herbs and fresh pineapple. Those with a sweet tooth would enjoy this one more.
The place also offers sushi and sashimi platters, but we opted one that serves a mix from various cuisines — Juicy Lamb Kothes from the dimsums menu, Adrak Ke Panje from the tandoor and Crispy Tuna Roll from the in-house rolls section. Made using tender lamb meat and tomato chutney to accompany it, Adrak Ke Panje was the pick of the lot. While the roll was nothing to write home about, the dimsum came a pleasant surprise with its crunchy texture.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy