- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
The city has a number of lounges — several of them with open-air seating — but Skky Lounge scores over the others in terms of its location. With a scenic view of the mountains in addition to the al fresco setting, it offers a near-perfect ambience for an evening. Situated on the rooftop of Ramada Hotel and Convention Centre, Powai, Skky is a new addition to the city's nightlife.
The resto-lounge, as it is called, is open from 5pm to 1am. The tables are separated not only by space but also tiny water bodies, ensuring privacy to diners. The music — mostly instrumentals of popular tracks — however, does not add to the decor. What lacks in music, it makes up with an extensive bar and food menu. It offers Pan Asian cuisines, gourmet pizzas and a tandoor section. The starters cost between Rs 300 and Rs 1,500.
Since Skky specialises in fresh fruit-based cocktails and does not make use of pulps and crushes, we ordered for Strawberry Daquiri and Kiwi Margharita. Alongside, we decided to try a Drunken Prawn Soup, a blend of pickled vegetables, rice wine and prawn. The hot and spicy soup went well with the nippy weather. The chef recommended Yam Goong, a sweet-and-sour prawn salad with Thai herbs and fresh pineapple. Those with a sweet tooth would enjoy this one more.
The place also offers sushi and sashimi platters, but we opted one that serves a mix from various cuisines — Juicy Lamb Kothes from the dimsums menu, Adrak Ke Panje from the tandoor and Crispy Tuna Roll from the in-house rolls section. Made using tender lamb meat and tomato chutney to accompany it, Adrak Ke Panje was the pick of the lot. While the roll was nothing to write home about, the dimsum came a pleasant surprise with its crunchy texture.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment