Global IITians meet
- National Herald case: Supreme Court orders Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to face trial
- 26/11 Mumbai attackers were getting directions from control room in Karachi, admits Headley
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath, Smriti on JNU row
- 26/11 deposition: Sparks fly after Headley repeats Ishrat-LeT link
- Gravitational waves: A leap towards theory of everything
US envoy feels 'the CHANGE' in Kolkata
At the Pan IIT Alumni Global Conference held in Kolkata on Friday, US envoy to India Nancy Powell (extreme right) said the city has shown a remarkable growth and progress. " From Kolkata in the 90s to today, growth and progress are evident. Rajarhat, Salt Lake City, expansion of infrastructure — all signify change and transformation in the City of Joy."
Cm Asks IIT grads to invest in Bengal
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said Bengal has such talent that it has scored everywhere — "from NASA (National Aeronautics Space Administration) to bhasha (language)". Calling IIT graduates "goldmines of the state and country", Mamata presented a rosy picture of the state. Mamata said her government had achieved many milestones despite a financial crunch created by the previous Left regime. The CM laid emphasis on the entertainment industry and said her government wanted close coordination between Hollywood, Bollywood and Tollywood. She said the state government had planned to set up film cities in Uttarpara, Sabujdwip (both at Hooghly) and Siliguri.
Governor says job growth must