Globetrotting on an insurance cover
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Travelling abroad on a holiday is something each one of us aspires for. Visiting exotic locations, experiencing the local culture and heritage, relishing local cuisines are things that we look forward to when on an international leisure trip. Not to forget the moments of fun with family or friends.
Even as we plan for the trip, unexpected events during the tour can potentially disrupt the fun or worst lead to an abrupt end to the itinerary. Availing of a travel insurance policy can help you mitigate the impact of several incidents that can disturb your holiday.
While most of us are aware about the availability of travel insurance policies, surprisingly many of us mistake this product to be offering cover only for flight delays, cancellations and lost baggage.
In reality, a travel insurance policy offers a much wider spectrum of coverage.
In case of an emergency medical treatment, your travel insurance policy can reimburse the expenses incurred on the treatment. You can also avail of cashless facility at network hospitals. A noteworthy point here is that pre-existing diseases are also covered in case of emergency and life threatening situations. In addition, one is not required to undergo medical check up till the age of 85 years.
This part of the travel insurance policy can assist you in getting immediate medical help for transfer to a hospital in case of an accident when abroad.
Your policy can also compensate for any financial loss resulting due to cancellation or cutting short a trip abroad.
This feature provides insurance to the policyholder's family, in case of his/her unfortunate demise or a permanent total or partial disability such as loss of a limb or loss of eyesight. In addition to the above covers, a travel insurance policy offers many other benefits that not only you but your wife, your parents or any other family member back home can avail of. Insurance firms, nowadays, offer value added services like medical concierge, automotive assistance, lifestyle services e.g. gifts or flower delivery assistance, home movers assistance, plumbing or electrical assistance.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness