Globetrotting on an insurance cover
- Maharashtra Revenue Minister Eknath Khadse resigns after allegations of impropriety in land deal
- Muhammad Ali: A furious and loud fighter whose influence was felt far beyond the ring
- Boxing legend Muhammad Ali's top quotes
- PM Modi in Afghanistan, inaugurates Salma Dam in Herat
- Mathura clashes: After being slammed for posting pics, Hema Malini demands CBI probe
Travelling abroad on a holiday is something each one of us aspires for. Visiting exotic locations, experiencing the local culture and heritage, relishing local cuisines are things that we look forward to when on an international leisure trip. Not to forget the moments of fun with family or friends.
Even as we plan for the trip, unexpected events during the tour can potentially disrupt the fun or worst lead to an abrupt end to the itinerary. Availing of a travel insurance policy can help you mitigate the impact of several incidents that can disturb your holiday.
While most of us are aware about the availability of travel insurance policies, surprisingly many of us mistake this product to be offering cover only for flight delays, cancellations and lost baggage.
In reality, a travel insurance policy offers a much wider spectrum of coverage.
In case of an emergency medical treatment, your travel insurance policy can reimburse the expenses incurred on the treatment. You can also avail of cashless facility at network hospitals. A noteworthy point here is that pre-existing diseases are also covered in case of emergency and life threatening situations. In addition, one is not required to undergo medical check up till the age of 85 years.
This part of the travel insurance policy can assist you in getting immediate medical help for transfer to a hospital in case of an accident when abroad.
Your policy can also compensate for any financial loss resulting due to cancellation or cutting short a trip abroad.
This feature provides insurance to the policyholder's family, in case of his/her unfortunate demise or a permanent total or partial disability such as loss of a limb or loss of eyesight. In addition to the above covers, a travel insurance policy offers many other benefits that not only you but your wife, your parents or any other family member back home can avail of. Insurance firms, nowadays, offer value added services like medical concierge, automotive assistance, lifestyle services e.g. gifts or flower delivery assistance, home movers assistance, plumbing or electrical assistance.
- Modi, Obama must work for geo-political burden-sharing between India, US
- Search for a house in Delhi NCR is longer and more arduous for a Muslim tenant
- Ahmadi embarrassment
- Holiday ends for Mauritius
- NDA government has deftly blended welfare and growth measures
- Internet polls show that a strict nuclear taboo is not widespread among the Indian public