GMCH-32 holds camp at Dhanas
- EC issues show cause notice to Mulayam Singh Yadav for violation of poll code
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: KXIP chase 206, beat CSK by six wickets
The State Resource Centre under the aegis of Department of Psychiatry, GMCH-32, on Tuesday organised a medical camp for checking disabilities at Gurdwara Sahib, Milk Colony, Dhanas, Chandigarh. Experts from the Department of Psychiatry, Eye, ENT of GMCH-32, Regional Institute of Mental Health, examined the patients in their respective fields.
The main purpose of this camp was to bring all the services under one umbrella, i.e. assessment of various disabilities by experts, calculating the degree of disability, issuing disability certificates and providing certificates for availing various concessions. This will cut down the cost of availing the disability certificate as well as the time spent in getting the certificate from the hospital which generally takes a few months. Hence, pre-assessment of many patients was done.
The staff from the Social Welfare Department helped in the process of making I-cards. A total of 85 patients with various disabilities registered themselves.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer