GMCH-32 holds camp at Dhanas
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
The State Resource Centre under the aegis of Department of Psychiatry, GMCH-32, on Tuesday organised a medical camp for checking disabilities at Gurdwara Sahib, Milk Colony, Dhanas, Chandigarh. Experts from the Department of Psychiatry, Eye, ENT of GMCH-32, Regional Institute of Mental Health, examined the patients in their respective fields.
The main purpose of this camp was to bring all the services under one umbrella, i.e. assessment of various disabilities by experts, calculating the degree of disability, issuing disability certificates and providing certificates for availing various concessions. This will cut down the cost of availing the disability certificate as well as the time spent in getting the certificate from the hospital which generally takes a few months. Hence, pre-assessment of many patients was done.
The staff from the Social Welfare Department helped in the process of making I-cards. A total of 85 patients with various disabilities registered themselves.