GMR posts Q2 net loss of Rs 179 cr
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
GMR Infrastructure Limited today said its consolidated net loss widened to Rs 179 crore for the quarter ended September 30 from Rs 63 crore net loss registered during the same period a year ago.
According to a statement issued by the Group today, the loss is mainly attributable to high interest cost which rose to Rs 485 crore from Rs 392 crore in the year ago period.
This is second consecutive quarter the Group posted loss due to various reasons. It reported Rs 110 crore net loss during April-June quarter this fiscal.
Total Income increased to Rs 2,479 crore during the quarter under review from Rs 2106 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
Revenues from Airport segment increased by nearly 37 per cent to Rs 1,469 crore during the second quarter from Rs 1,076 crore during the same period a year ago.