GMSH-16 employees hold gate meeting, disrupt services again
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors slam Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
A gate meeting of the Joint Action Committee was held on Thursday at the Government Multi Specialty Hospital under the presidentship of Kamwaljit Singh in the Government Multi Specialty Hospital, Sector 16, for over an hour disrupting services at the hospital, from 9.30 am to 11.00 am.
Hundreds of employees of various departments of this hospital participated in the gate meeting and raised slogans against Dr Rajiv Vadhera, Medical Superintendent, GMSH-16, Chandigarh.
Apart from that, ANM students and GNM students also participated in the gate meeting.
Consequently, no surgeries could take place at the hospital till noon, adversely affecting the patients.
Kulbir Singh, (President of INTUC), Sat Parkash Sharma (President of the UT Federation), Rajinder Singh (General Secretary of the UT Employees Federation), Manjit Gulia (Secretary of INTUC) apart from various leaders of JAC addressed the gathering.
During the gate meeting, Dr G Dewan, Deputy Medical Superintendent, GMSH called the delegations of the JAC and held a meeting regarding demands of the employees.
The matter was discussed in detail and he assured the employees that he would solve the problems faced by the employees shortly after the discussion with DH&FW and Secretary Health.