GNC Budhlada to face ACPE Mastuana in final
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
PATIALA: GNC Budhlada thrashed Kordia College, Sanghol, 46-5 while ACPE Mastuana defeated GRC Bathinda, 41-28, in their semi-final encounters to enter final of the Punjabi University Inter College Kabaddi Circle style Championship at the varsity campus on Wednesday. Earlier, in the quarter-final encounters, ACPE Mastuana beat Miri Piri Khalsa College, Nhadaur, 29-16, while Kordia College, Sanghol outplayed GCPE Patiala, 23-13. Then, GNC Budhlada thrashed Kordia College Sanghol, 46-5 and ACPE Mastuana got the better of GRC Bathinda, 41-28.
Saurav bowls Satluj Cricket Academy to triumph
CHANDIGARH: Riding high on Saurav's superb bowling (4 for 22), Satluj Cricket Academy, Panchkula recorded a a three-wicket triumph over Doon Cricket Academy in a match played during Ist Vachitar Singh Memorial League cricket tournament being held in Chandigarh. Doon CA won the toss and elected to bat first. Led by Sherry's brilliant knock of 111 runs, the Doon team posted a total of 208 runs in the allotted quota of 40 overs. During his knock of 111 runs, Sherry hit 12 boundaries. Saurav bowled well to scalp four wickets for Satluj Cricket Academy. In reply to the Doon team's total, Satluj blazed away to the target in 38 overs. Sanjeev Dhiman smashed an unbeaten knock of 60 runs to help his team romp home.
Tennis meet from February 25
CHANDIGARH: Harvest Tennis Academy will conduct HTA-AITA Championship Series for boys and girls in u-16, u-18 (singles and doubles) at Jassowal, Ludhiana, from February 25 to March 1. Top ranked players from all over India will be participating in the tournament and the qualifying events will be held on February 23 and 24. The main draw for boys and girls would be of 32 players out of which 20 will get direct entries, four wildcards and eight will be qualifiers. Also, the draw for doubles would be of 16 with 14 direct entries and two wildcards. Interested players can register their names at the HTA office between 12 pm to 2 pm on February 22 in person. The players must carry their original ITN card for the entry.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism