GNC, Narangwal grab kho-kho title
- Kamal Nath fiasco: A self-goal and a sheepish acceptance by Congress
- Main suspect in rape, murder of Kerala Dalit woman arrested by police
- India's entry into NSG will make it 'legitimate nuclear power', break India-Pak nuke balance
- Education panel: ‘Curb politics on campus, put limits on campus stay’
- Alka Lamba ‘admits’ Kejriwal asked Rai to step down, loses job as AAP spokesperson
Gobind National College, Narangwal claimed the title in the Panjab University Inter-College Kho Kho B-Division Tournament (Women)held at PU grounds on Friday. Gobind National College, Narangwal team defeated MLBG Girls College, Tappriankhurd in the final to claim the title.
In the Panjab University Inter-College Kho Kho A-Division Tournament (Women), Government College for Girls, Ludhiana scored a four-point win over Dev Samaj College for Women, Ferozepur.
In another league match, KCW, Sidhwan Khurd defeated Post Graduate Government College for Girls, Sector 42, Chandigarh with an innings and six points margin. KCW, Sidhwan Khurd scored their second win of the day with a six-point win over Government College for Girls, Ludhiana. In the last match of the day, Dev Samaj College for Women, Feorozepur scored a two-point win over Post Graduate Government College for Girls, Sector 42.
Chandigarh teams claim medals
Chandigarh : The Chandigarh girls and boys team bagged a silver medal and bronze medal respectively in the Eighth Senior National Dodgeball Championship held at Nasik from January 28 to January 31. In the girls' category, the Chandigarh team lost 1-2 (16-15, 9-11, 12-14) to Maharashtra in the final. The team had earlier defeated Haryana 2-0 in the semi-final stage.
The boys' team scored a 2-0 win over Vidharbha in the match for third place.
DAV-8 to face DAV, Amritsar in final
Chandigarh : DAV School, Sector 8 will face DAV School, Amritsar in the final of the Punjab Inter-School Coca Cola Cricket Cup to be played at PCA Stadium today. The Chandigarh team reached the finals with a win over City Public School, Jalandhar while the Amritsar team scored a win over Shivalik public School, Ropar to advance into the finals.
- Islamists are far from ones seeking escape from ethical choices modernity confronts us
- Legislators must enforce accountability of the executive, exercise oversight
- Beneath the hype, the nervousness
- Imphal needs to build a consensus in the state on the bills rejected by the president
- Rebuilding The University
- Will regional parties shape India's national politics?