GNDU men claim hockey title
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) thrashed hosts Punjab Agriculture University, Ludhiana (PAU) 3-0 in a lop-sided encounter to win the PAU Golden Jubilee hockey championship played on Monday.
After a barren half hour, the match finally came alive when Jagroop Singh scored the opening goal for GNDU in the 34th minute of the play. Both the teams tried hard to sound the board but the score remained 1-0 till the break. After the breather, GNDU doubled their lead through Hardeep Singh who scored a fine goal to consolidate the team's position. Three minutes later, Gurjant Singh rounded off the tally by sounding the board. The hosts tried hard to breach the opposition defence but they found the nut tough to crack and lost the match 3-0.
- Money talks: ‘Unanimous’ SLC gets on board with ICC revamp plan
- The great Game Folio: Silk routes
- In taxing times, realtors discover ‘fringe’ benefits
- Few takers for UT scholarships, students claim not enough info
- Interim budget focuses on transport but misses out on Metro Rail for UT
- GPP to become history, will merge with BJP next week in Modi’s presence