Go to polls without Mamata photo, you will lose deposit: TMC to Cong
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
The chill between the Trinamool Congress and the Congress in West Bengal continued to deepen with TMC secretary general Partha Chatterjee slamming the Congress for opposing Mamata Banerjee and daring it to go to the polls alone.
"It was not a dignified thing to be a part of the Cabinet of the present government and at the time criticize it. One should not remain in the post," said Chatterjee hitting at Manash Bhuniya the former WBPCC president and now a Cabinet minister in the Mamata Banerjee government. "Please go to the polls without the picture of Mamata Banerjee adoring our campaign. Your deposit will be forfeited," said Chatterjee.
Another TMC minister Firad Hakim launched a similar attack and ridiculed Congress MLAs saying that in West Bengal the government was not dependent on the Congress support as it had two-third majority. "In Delhi, the Congress government will have to depend on us," he said.
Underlining the bitterness, TMC announced that its youth wing will hold a rally in Kolkata on January 9 countering the campaign by the Congress.