Goa Carnival, Food & Cultural Festival kicks off on Feb 8
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Goa Carnival, Food & Cultural Festival 2013, a celebration of the state's rich cultural heritage, will take place from February 8 to 12.
Designed to get people to come together for the extravaganza of music, dancing and other activities, this public party and float parade is expected to draw tourists from the country and all over the world.
In recognition of Goa's diverse population including its vast tourist populace, the event promotes a message of tolerance, friendship and inclusiveness. The Opening Ceremony will kick off at Panaji on February 9.
The festival, as usual, will feature float parades in four cities i.e. Panaji, Margao, Vasco and Mapusa.
However, for the first time, the carnival will also include the food & cultural festival in Caranzalem, Panaji.
It will offer visitors the opportunity to experience cuisine and culture, through a unique blend of food, fun, local and national live music performances, fashion shows, and entertainment.
There will also be live music from performers like Anushka Manchanda, Parikrama, Remo and Indian Ocean spread across five days. The festival will also feature a line-up of local bands. A fashion show by ace designer Wendell Rodricks will also be one of the main highlights.
An element of competition has also been introduced with entries being invited for the King Momo Contest and the cooking competition. The cooking competition will take place during the Food & Cultural Festival.
There will also be live musical performances featuring local bands at Colva and Mapusa.
Commenting on the Goa Carnival, Food & Cultural Festival, a spokesperson from Goa Tourism said, "We strongly urge people to join the festivities and come out in large numbers to participate. We are reviving the yesteryears fervor of the Carnival with larger-than-life décor, mask installations and a Food & Cultural Festival – the biggest of its kind in Goa."
- Amit Shah not named in supplementary chargesheet filed by CBI in Ishrat Jahan fake encounterÂ case
- Narendra Modiâ€™s Kolkata rally â€˜okayâ€™, crowd only 50,000 : VarunÂ Gandhi
- Stop personal attacks, Rahul tells spokespersons | The Indian Express
- Nido Taniamâ€™s death: Rahul Gandhi meets Sushilkumar Shinde, questions â€˜delayâ€™ in policeÂ action