Goa CM slams Shinde, MEA over law and order
- Lok Sabha elections: First phase of polling ends, Assam records 72 pc voting, Tripura 80 pc
- Modiâs mark on BJP manifesto
- Possible signals from lost jet's black boxes heard
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- April 7 Campaign roundup: BJP talking of minority welfare is like Dracula heading blood bank, says Congress; AAP will not even win a single seat in LS polls, says Kalyan Singh
Nigerian crisisin Goa and claimed that Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde is to be blamed for the law and order situation in the state.
"There are three positions of IPS officers that are lying vacant in the state... I have been forced to write a letter to Sushil Kumar Shinde where I have told him that he would be responsible if there is any law and order problem in the state," the CM told The Sunday Express. Goa presently has seven IPS officers, most of them heading multiple departments.
"Top positions of IPS officers in the state are vacant. This is being done by the Centre to corner the Goa government," he added.
MEA, blaming its ineptitude for the flaring up of the Nigerian crisis after the killing of a Nigerian youth in Goa. Nigerian diplomats had reportedly said that Indians in Nigeria would be expelled if the government took actions against Nigerians in Goa.
"The MEA should have called up the Nigerian diplomat and taken him to task. I do not feel let down by the actions of the MEA because I know the department is in a state of paralysis just like the central government," he said.
- Ukraine says Russia fomenting eastern unrest
- Liquor worth Rs 4.85 cr seized in MP ahead of LS polls
- Man held with foreign currency worth Rs 38 lakh at airport
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains