Goa CM slams Shinde, MEA over law and order
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
Nigerian crisisin Goa and claimed that Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde is to be blamed for the law and order situation in the state.
"There are three positions of IPS officers that are lying vacant in the state... I have been forced to write a letter to Sushil Kumar Shinde where I have told him that he would be responsible if there is any law and order problem in the state," the CM told The Sunday Express. Goa presently has seven IPS officers, most of them heading multiple departments.
"Top positions of IPS officers in the state are vacant. This is being done by the Centre to corner the Goa government," he added.
MEA, blaming its ineptitude for the flaring up of the Nigerian crisis after the killing of a Nigerian youth in Goa. Nigerian diplomats had reportedly said that Indians in Nigeria would be expelled if the government took actions against Nigerians in Goa.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China