- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
Russian President Vladimir Putin may get a taste of Goa, when he comes to India in December for the annual bilateral summit. South Block has invited him to go to Goa, after they had to postpone the visit schedule for early November. The MEA wisdom is that Putin, who is fond of beaches and swimming, will not only enjoy Goa, but also get an opportunity to catch up with the affluent and powerful Russian population there. It remains to be seen whether he chooses to take up New Dellhi's offer.
THE certainty with which CBI Director Amar Pratap Singh has moved so far on his post-retirement job at the National Human Rights Commission is beginning to come under a cloud. While the government is still set to propose his name, it's getting strong feelers from the Opposition top brass in Parliament that they were uncomfortable with his candidature. The selection panel for NHRC members comprises either of the two Leaders of Opposition. Last heard, Singh has begun to do the rounds of BJP leaders. Incidentally, Singh has kept his tastefully done Tughlaq Crescent House with the hope of bagging the NHRC job.
A senior bureaucrat recently earned the ire of top Home Ministry officials when an alleged bungling of file relating to an IPS officer's appointment was discovered. Neeraj Kansal, a 1993 batch officer of the Central Board of Custom and Excise, is being repatriated to his parent cadre by the Home Ministry. Kansal came to MHA on deputation in 1998 and is three months short of completing his five-year tenure. However, he had Home Secretary R K Singh quite annoyed with all his meddling in transfers and posting well beyond his remit as Director (Police), apparently because orders went out without the hierarchy first knowing about them. He has been shifted to the personnel department until his orders come through.
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style