Goa police seek details of IFFI case
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
The Goa police on Saturday sought details from International Film Festival of India (IFFI) organisers regarding the sexual harassment complaint filed by a Delhi-based student working as a programmer against a senior festival official here.
"We have asked local police to inquire into the complaint. They will get details from the IFFI organisers," DIG O P Mishra told reporters here. The DIG said the police will meet Director of Film Festival Shankar Mohan and get details of the complaint by the 25-year-old JNU student.
The complaint by the girl, which is lodged with Mohan, accused a senior festival officer of the rank of Deputy Director of making lewd suggestions in the form of indirectly asking for sexual favours.
The girl was in Goa at the IFFI venue on an assignment to assist the Soul of Asia and World Cinema sections.
"On the night of November 16, 2013, lewd suggestions were made by the said person in the form of indirectly asking for sexual favours," says the complaint lodged on November 17.
"As a result of the incident, I feel harassed and highly offended. Hence, I would like to report this matter under The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013," she said.
Sources said that the IFFI Secretariat has already asked the accused officer to return to Delhi pending orders against him. Following the complaint, the IFFI directorate had formed a three-member committee comprising Nirupama Kotru, director (films) with Union I&B Ministry and two more women officials associated with the film festival.
- Treasure trove: Amicus points finger at temple ‘highest echelons’
- Ramdev ‘goes live’ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Vishwas, Cong worker booked
- Kanpur’s Muslim vote is for betterment, not to stop BJP
- Don’t name next Army Chief before May 16, BJP tells govt
- ‘Opposition conspiring to kill me’