Goa rape victim's father threatens to go on hunger strike
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
The father of the seven-year-old girl, who was raped in a Goa school toilet on January 14, has threatened to sit on a hunger strike in front of the school if culprits are not arrested.
The girl's father has been upset over police's failure to arrest the school staff, who allegedly tried to destroy evidence and also to nab the main culprit, who is still at
large after raping the girl.
"The accused is still at large. We fear that he might attack my family," the victim's father said.
Goa police had formed a 15 member Special Investigation Team (SIT) which has been working on several leads to nab the accused.
"I will be forced to sit on hunger strike in front of the school, if police continues to avoid arresting the accused," he said.
The school staff has been booked for destroying the evidence as they had cleaned the girl after the rape.