Goa school girl rape case accused known to headmistress: MLA
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
A ruling BJP legislator in Goa has alleged that the accused in the school girl rape case might be known to the headmistress.
"I guess the accused is known to the headmistress and the guard. It is not possible for an unknown person to enter into the school premises," BJP legislator Vishnu Wagh told reporters here last evening.
Wagh's statement comes in the backdrop of reports that the accused in the rape case has been arrested in Bangalore and was related to the headmistress.
However, Deputy Inspector General of Police O P Mishra, has ruled out any arrests in the case. The seven-year-old girl was raped in a school toilet on January 14 in Vasco town. Following protests, the headmistress of the Mormugao Port Trust run school, Sharlet Furtado was arrested for negligence.
The parents of the victim had said that the girl was given a bath, her inner clothes were washed and toilet was cleaned after the rape, destroying the evidence.
Wagh alleged that the school authorities were probably trying to hide the incident, giving an opportunity to the accused to run away.
"The toilet is just 20 feet away from headmistress' room. The accused must have passed that side along with the girl," he said.