Goa to frame guidelines for students' safety in schools
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- Mulayam's shocker: Boys will be boys, they make mistakes... Will you hang them for rape?
- SC junks PIL seeking reconstitution of SIT probing Gujarat riots
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
Goa Education department today said they will draft guidelines for the safety of students in state schools in wake of the sexual abuse of a 7-year-old girl inside the school toilet two days back. The guidelines were being framed and would be circulated to all the schools, a senior education department official said.
The crux of the guidelines would be that the school should be responsible for the safety of the students, he said. "The student is in the custody of the school management, not parents, during school hours. So it is their responsibility to ensure that they are safe," the official said, on condition of anonymity.
A seven-year-old girl was raped inside the school toilet in Vasco town on Monday morning, sparking outrage among the parents and locals. mThe accused was yet to be traced by police, even as] the headmistress of the school was taken in custody for]negligence.
The department is also preparing a detailed report about the incident, which would be submitted to the state government, the official said.