Godhra rape victim shifted to Ahmedabad hospital
- AAP announces second list of candidates, Rajmohan Gandhi to contest from East Delhi
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy moves Supreme Court for cancellation of arrest warrant
- Admiral DK Joshi was disturbed, requested me to accept resignation: AK Antony
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
The Kadana rape victim was on Thursday shifted to Civil Hospital in Ahmedabad from Godhra in Panchamahals district for further treatment of her fractured spinal cord even as police continued the hunt for two absconding suspects in the case.
The girl was taken to Ahmedabad in an ambulance of Godhra Civil Hospital in the afternoon. The 15-year-old had been admitted to the Godhra hospital Tuesday after she had complained of body pain.
A doctor and a nurse accompanied the teenager and her family member to Ahmedabad, officials of Godhra civil hospital said.
"The third vertebra from down of the girl's spinal cord has been fractured. She requires specialty treatment and hence we referred her to New Civil Hospital in Ahmedabad," Dr Ranjit Ravat, in-charge superintendent of Godhra civil hospital said.
Dr Ravat said the victim might have suffered the fracture when she was allegedly thrown off a bridge over Tatroli river near her village Antalwada in Kadana taluka after being allegedly raped on December 27.
Meanwhile, two suspects in the case are still at large.
"We have conducted searches in their village, without success," Lunavada circle police inspector H M Sutar, investigation officer of the case, said.
The police had arrested Javed Kureshi, a resident of Lapania village in neighbouring Lunavada taluka, on December 29 in connection with the case. Sutar said Kureshi had confessed to his crime and is presently in judicial custody.
"We will seek permission to interrogate Kureshi again to get leads about the two suspects. We had detained a suspect but the girl could not identify him during an identity parade," Sutar said.
Daughter of a farmer, the victim was allegedly abducted by Kureshi, a distant relative of hers, and two others before being raped by Kureshi.
Later, they had dumped her in bushes near her village.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight