Gold advances on firm buying, silver also edges up
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Gold prices continued to rally at the bullion market here today due to increased retail buying interest coupled with jewellery demand in view of ongoing marriage season.
Silver also regained some lost ground and rose modestly on renewed industrial off-take.
Standard gold of 99.5 per cent purity firmed up by Rs 40 per 10 gm to finish at Rs 30,485 from overnight closing level of Rs 30,445.
Pure gold of 99.9 per cent purity gained Rs 45 per 10 gm to end at Rs 30,625 from Rs 30,580.
Silver ready (.999 fineness) added Rs 65 to close at Rs 58,850 per kg from Rs 58,785 yesterday.
Meanwhile, gold slumped further in New York trade on the back of strengthening dollar valuation supported by improving US economic data.
Gold for April delivery fell by USD 4.40 to settle at USD 1,666.90 an ounce on the Comex division of the NYMEX. Silver March contract concluded marginally higher at USD 31.44 an ounce.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties