Gold breaches Rs 32,000 mark
Gold prices soared to scale a new peak and crossed Rs 32,000 per 10 grams at the bullion hub here on Wednesday amid frantic buying by investors and speculators influenced by buoyant global momentum.
Standard gold (99.5 purity) zoomed by Rs 125 to finish at Rs 32,095 per 10 gm and pure gold (99.9 purity) spurted by Rs 160 to end at Rs 32,245 per 10 gm. Globally, the yellow metal vaulted to a multi -month high on the back of positive vibes created by the German court ruling on the euro zone's rescue fund against the backdrop of European Central Bank's plan to combat the debt crisis.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18