Gold breaches Rs 32,000 mark
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
Gold prices soared to scale a new peak and crossed Rs 32,000 per 10 grams at the bullion hub here on Wednesday amid frantic buying by investors and speculators influenced by buoyant global momentum.
Standard gold (99.5 purity) zoomed by Rs 125 to finish at Rs 32,095 per 10 gm and pure gold (99.9 purity) spurted by Rs 160 to end at Rs 32,245 per 10 gm. Globally, the yellow metal vaulted to a multi -month high on the back of positive vibes created by the German court ruling on the euro zone's rescue fund against the backdrop of European Central Bank's plan to combat the debt crisis.