Gold price moves up, silver slips
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Gold prices moved up marginally at the domestic bullion market today on stray demand from traders as well as local buying.
Silver, however, dropped after a four-session rally on selling and reduced industrial off-take.
Standard gold (99.5 purity) added Rs 20 per 10 grams to close at Rs 31,200 from Wednesday's closing level of Rs 31,180.
Pure gold (99.9 purity) edged up by Rs 15 per 10 grams to end at Rs 31,335 from Rs 31,320.
Silver ready (.999 fineness) fell by Rs 485 per kg to conclude at Rs 60,290 as against Rs 60,775 yesterday.
In Europe, gold traded down on investor caution after the focus shifted from President Barack Obama's re-election to US economic woes as well as euro-zone debt crisis.
Spot gold was bid lower at USD 1,714.30 an ounce (28 gm) in early trade. Silver was also bid down at USD 31.67 an ounce.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today