Gold price up Rs 95, silver by Rs 450 on seasonal demand, global cues
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Extending gains for the third straight session, gold prices today rose by Rs 95 to Rs 31,385 per 10 grams here on pick-up in seasonal demand amid a firming global trend.
Silver also rebounded by Rs 450 to Rs 59,750 per kg on increased offtake by industrial units and coin-makers.
Traders said a pick-up in wedding season demand and a firming global trend mainly pushed up gold prices.
They said hike in import duty by the government also influenced gold prices.
In New York, gold rose by USD 1.70 to USD 1,691.80 an ounce and silver by 0.19 per cent to USD 32.21 an ounce.
On the domestic front, gold of 99.9 and 99.5 per cent purity advanced by Rs 95 each to Rs 31,385 and Rs 31,185 per 10 grams, respectively. Gold rose by Rs 380 in last two sessions. Sovereigns also gained Rs 50 to Rs 25,500 per piece of eight grams.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2