Gold price up Rs 95, silver by Rs 450 on seasonal demand, global cues
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
Extending gains for the third straight session, gold prices today rose by Rs 95 to Rs 31,385 per 10 grams here on pick-up in seasonal demand amid a firming global trend.
Silver also rebounded by Rs 450 to Rs 59,750 per kg on increased offtake by industrial units and coin-makers.
Traders said a pick-up in wedding season demand and a firming global trend mainly pushed up gold prices.
They said hike in import duty by the government also influenced gold prices.
In New York, gold rose by USD 1.70 to USD 1,691.80 an ounce and silver by 0.19 per cent to USD 32.21 an ounce.
On the domestic front, gold of 99.9 and 99.5 per cent purity advanced by Rs 95 each to Rs 31,385 and Rs 31,185 per 10 grams, respectively. Gold rose by Rs 380 in last two sessions. Sovereigns also gained Rs 50 to Rs 25,500 per piece of eight grams.