'Gold prices may rise 20% on Dhanteras'
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Geetanjai Group Chairman and Managing Director Mehul Chowksi said, "High prices will not be a barrier for Indian consumers. We expect 10 per cent increase in sales in volume terms on Dhanteras."
P P Jewellers Director Pawan Gupta expressed similar views on sales front. "We are expecting better sales on Sunday despite prices remaining high. We see demand for Hallmark jewellery to surpass gold and silver coins because of greater awarness about quality certificate."
India, the world's largest consumer of gold, is expected to import 750-800 tonnes in 2012 calendar year, down from 969 tonnes in the last year.