Gold, silver prices surge on firm demand
- LIVE: Telangana is India's 29th state as Rajya Sabha passes Bill amidst chaos
- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rahul Gandhi's remark on Rajiv killers a drama to divert attention: Kumar Vishwas
- Tribal activist Soni Sori, ex-Infosys CFO V Bala join Aam Aadmi Party
- Andhra: Three girls of a family abducted, set ablaze by uncle
Gold prices climbed to near one week high at the domestic bullion market today on firm buying triggered by sustained retail demand on the back of peak marriage season.
Silver recovered smartly on bullish speculative off-take as well as renewed industrial demand. Standard gold (99.5 purity) shot up by Rs 190 per 10 gm to end at Rs 31,175 from Monday's closing level of Rs 30,985.
Pure gold (99.9 purity) soared by Rs 195 per 10 gm to conclude at Rs 31,300 from Rs 31,105. Silver ready (.999 fineness) spurted by Rs 470 per kg to finish at Rs 61,795 as against Rs 61,325 yesterday.
In Europe, gold traded slightly higher as investors played safe ahead of the year-end and expectations of deal over averting US fiscal cliff.
Spot gold was bid up at USD 1,698.04 an ounce in early trade and silver was bid higher at USD 32.38 an ounce.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state