Gold, silver up on global cues, wedding season
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Congress-RJD pact likely today; Kerala Guv resigns, may contest
- UP kidsâ killer disease spread through lice, expert panel finds
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
Gold prices climbed at the domestic bullion market today following demand from stockists and retailers amid higher global cues and the starting of the wedding season.
Silver also surged on heavy speculative buying and firm industrial demand.
Standard gold (99.5 purity) shot up by Rs 265 per 10 grams to close at Rs 31,900 from last Saturday's closing level of Rs 31,635.
Pure gold (99.9 purity) advanced by Rs 275 per 10 grams to finish at Rs 32,040 from Rs 31,765.
Silver ready (.999 fineness) zoomed by Rs 675 per kg to end at Rs 62,435 as against Rs 61,760 previously.
Gold for December delivery rallied by USD 19.70 to settle at USD 1,734.40 an ounce on the comex division of the NYMEX late yesterday.
While silver for December contract strengthened by 82 cents to close at USD 33.19 an ounce.