Golden Globes Award: Life of Pi' wins best original score
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Mulayam Singh files nomination from Azamgarh; Third FIR against Giriraj Singh
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi' took home the best original score award at the 70th Golden Globes announced today, while British songstress Adele collected a trophy for her rendition of the theme tune to the James Bond blockbuster "Skyfall."
Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez presented the Best original motion picture score trophy to Mychael Danna from the India-set drama 'Life of Pi', who was nominated alongside Dario Marianelli (Anna Karenina), Alexandre Desplat (Argo), John Williams (Lincoln) and Tom Tykwer, Johnny Klimek & Reinhold Heil (Cloud Atlas).
"Thank you to Fox for being crazy enough to make this movie," said Danna, who shares the award with the film's director Lee.
Adele, whose Sunday outing was her first red carpet appearance since giving birth to a baby boy in October, said the award was, "for my boyfriend Simon who convinced me to do it, and my wonderful son."
"I wasn't expecting this. It's very strange to be here. Thank you for letting me be part of your lives," said Adele from the stage as she collected her very first Golden Globe.
She had some big names from music world as her competitors in the Best original song category - 'For You' (Keith Urban and Michael McDevitt from Act of Valor), 'Not Running Anymore' (Jon Bon Jovi for Stand Up Guys), 'Safe & Sound' (Taylor Swift and The Civil Wars for The Hunger Games) and 'Suddenly' (Claude-Michel Schonberg, Alain Boublil and Herbert Kretzmer for Les Miserables).
Adele's Golden Globe will share shelf space at home with her eight Grammys, four American Music Awards and three Brits, among a host of other honors.
She is up for an Oscar next month for the same song.
The Golden Globes 2013 is being held at the Beverly Hilton hotel in LA, hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready