Golden Globes Award: Life of Pi' wins best original score
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi' took home the best original score award at the 70th Golden Globes announced today, while British songstress Adele collected a trophy for her rendition of the theme tune to the James Bond blockbuster "Skyfall."
Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez presented the Best original motion picture score trophy to Mychael Danna from the India-set drama 'Life of Pi', who was nominated alongside Dario Marianelli (Anna Karenina), Alexandre Desplat (Argo), John Williams (Lincoln) and Tom Tykwer, Johnny Klimek & Reinhold Heil (Cloud Atlas).
"Thank you to Fox for being crazy enough to make this movie," said Danna, who shares the award with the film's director Lee.
Adele, whose Sunday outing was her first red carpet appearance since giving birth to a baby boy in October, said the award was, "for my boyfriend Simon who convinced me to do it, and my wonderful son."
"I wasn't expecting this. It's very strange to be here. Thank you for letting me be part of your lives," said Adele from the stage as she collected her very first Golden Globe.
She had some big names from music world as her competitors in the Best original song category - 'For You' (Keith Urban and Michael McDevitt from Act of Valor), 'Not Running Anymore' (Jon Bon Jovi for Stand Up Guys), 'Safe & Sound' (Taylor Swift and The Civil Wars for The Hunger Games) and 'Suddenly' (Claude-Michel Schonberg, Alain Boublil and Herbert Kretzmer for Les Miserables).
Adele's Golden Globe will share shelf space at home with her eight Grammys, four American Music Awards and three Brits, among a host of other honors.
She is up for an Oscar next month for the same song.
The Golden Globes 2013 is being held at the Beverly Hilton hotel in LA, hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage