Golf Club case: Inquiry comes to halt
- Lies being spread that govt will scrap reservation: PM Modi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi's rally at Bhabhua tomorrow gets EC clearance
- Policy decision on combat role for women soon, says Defence Minister Parrikar
- Delhi: 4-year-old girl raped, found bleeding near railway tracks
- K P Oli elected as new Prime Minister of Nepal
The case of a brawl at the Chandigarh Golf Club (CGC) has come to a halt with the inquiry officer of the police on leave and the report of the inquiry committee formed by the CGC authorities, awaited.
The incident took place on Saturday, in which a sitting MLA of Congress, Randeep Singh Nabha, and a renowned athlete, Milkha Singh had allegedly entered into a scuffle with a retired Lieutenant Colonel Vijay Singh Sandhu.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Vijay Kumar said, "The inquiry in the case has been shifted to the SHO (Station House Officer) and he is on a leave. The case investigation will resume as he joins back".
On the other hand, the CGC authorities are working on inquiring into the case. The three member committee comprising of chairman Lt Gen K S Mann, SMS Sandhu and JS Rathi, are probing into the matter following which decisions regarding the memberships of Nabha and Lt Col Sandhu will be taken, which is presently under suspension.
GS Sandhu, the president of the club said, "The committee has been asked to inquire as soon as possible but no set deadline has been given to it".