Golfers to get police escort during ANC rally
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Golfers in the Volvo Champions will receive police escorts from their hotels on Saturday to avoid traffic delays around the nearby 101st anniversary rally of the African National Congress in Durban.
South African President Jacob Zuma will address an expected crowd of 80,000 in Kings Park Stadium across the road from Durban Country Club golf course.
Per Ericsson, the president of Volvo Event Management, says on Friday the police escorts are only to ensure the players get to the course on time.
After the rally, Zuma will visit the Volvo Champions, an elite gathering of last year's winners on the European Tour.