Golfers to get police escort during ANC rally
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Golfers in the Volvo Champions will receive police escorts from their hotels on Saturday to avoid traffic delays around the nearby 101st anniversary rally of the African National Congress in Durban.
South African President Jacob Zuma will address an expected crowd of 80,000 in Kings Park Stadium across the road from Durban Country Club golf course.
Per Ericsson, the president of Volvo Event Management, says on Friday the police escorts are only to ensure the players get to the course on time.
After the rally, Zuma will visit the Volvo Champions, an elite gathering of last year's winners on the European Tour.