Golfers to get police escort during ANC rally
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Golfers in the Volvo Champions will receive police escorts from their hotels on Saturday to avoid traffic delays around the nearby 101st anniversary rally of the African National Congress in Durban.
South African President Jacob Zuma will address an expected crowd of 80,000 in Kings Park Stadium across the road from Durban Country Club golf course.
Per Ericsson, the president of Volvo Event Management, says on Friday the police escorts are only to ensure the players get to the course on time.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness