Golfers to get police escort during ANC rally
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
Golfers in the Volvo Champions will receive police escorts from their hotels on Saturday to avoid traffic delays around the nearby 101st anniversary rally of the African National Congress in Durban.
South African President Jacob Zuma will address an expected crowd of 80,000 in Kings Park Stadium across the road from Durban Country Club golf course.
Per Ericsson, the president of Volvo Event Management, says on Friday the police escorts are only to ensure the players get to the course on time.
After the rally, Zuma will visit the Volvo Champions, an elite gathering of last year's winners on the European Tour.