Gondia collector, ZP CEO suspended
- Justice K T Thomas quits as head of Lokpal search panel
- Sharing stage with Paswan, Modi attacks Nitish Kumar
- India's vote on UN resolution against Sri Lanka over war crimes to depend on draft text
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
The state government on Wednesday announced suspension of an IAS officer and his deputy for subverting norms to change the title of 450-acre agricultural land in Bhandara district to non-agricultural, allegedly for pecuniary gains.
The suspension of Gondia collector Pradeep Kalbhor, who was holding the additional charge of Bhandara district, and that of additional collector Yeshwant Gedam was announced in the Assembly by Revenue Minister Balasaheb Thorat, after the opposition and treasury benches raised a hue and cry. Kalbhor is currently the collector of Gondia district and Gedam the CEO of district ZP.