Gondia collector, ZP CEO suspended
- Modi-Sharif joint statement: Release Indian, Pakistan fishermen from respective jails
- Debris of missing Coast Guard Dornier located in Tamil Nadu sea waters
- Lawrence of Arabia actor Omar Sharif passes away at 83
- IIT Roorkee expells 73 students for faring badly
- Gajendra Chauhan chosen over icons as he could devote more time: Government
The state government on Wednesday announced suspension of an IAS officer and his deputy for subverting norms to change the title of 450-acre agricultural land in Bhandara district to non-agricultural, allegedly for pecuniary gains.
The suspension of Gondia collector Pradeep Kalbhor, who was holding the additional charge of Bhandara district, and that of additional collector Yeshwant Gedam was announced in the Assembly by Revenue Minister Balasaheb Thorat, after the opposition and treasury benches raised a hue and cry. Kalbhor is currently the collector of Gondia district and Gedam the CEO of district ZP.