Gondia collector, ZP CEO suspended
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
The state government on Wednesday announced suspension of an IAS officer and his deputy for subverting norms to change the title of 450-acre agricultural land in Bhandara district to non-agricultural, allegedly for pecuniary gains.
The suspension of Gondia collector Pradeep Kalbhor, who was holding the additional charge of Bhandara district, and that of additional collector Yeshwant Gedam was announced in the Assembly by Revenue Minister Balasaheb Thorat, after the opposition and treasury benches raised a hue and cry. Kalbhor is currently the collector of Gondia district and Gedam the CEO of district ZP.