Gondia collector, ZP CEO suspended
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
The state government on Wednesday announced suspension of an IAS officer and his deputy for subverting norms to change the title of 450-acre agricultural land in Bhandara district to non-agricultural, allegedly for pecuniary gains.
The suspension of Gondia collector Pradeep Kalbhor, who was holding the additional charge of Bhandara district, and that of additional collector Yeshwant Gedam was announced in the Assembly by Revenue Minister Balasaheb Thorat, after the opposition and treasury benches raised a hue and cry. Kalbhor is currently the collector of Gondia district and Gedam the CEO of district ZP.