Gondia collector, ZP CEO suspended
- Bihar polls: Jitan Ram Manjhi announces alliance with BJP
- NSCN-K plans revenge attack; high alert sounded across Northeast
- Pak Senate slams Modi's remarks, passes resolution
- Parrikar says those who 'fear India's new posture' have started reacting
- Airtel calls it ‘standard solution’, but experts say 'spy code' is illegal
The state government on Wednesday announced suspension of an IAS officer and his deputy for subverting norms to change the title of 450-acre agricultural land in Bhandara district to non-agricultural, allegedly for pecuniary gains.
The suspension of Gondia collector Pradeep Kalbhor, who was holding the additional charge of Bhandara district, and that of additional collector Yeshwant Gedam was announced in the Assembly by Revenue Minister Balasaheb Thorat, after the opposition and treasury benches raised a hue and cry. Kalbhor is currently the collector of Gondia district and Gedam the CEO of district ZP.